INDIVIDUAL & FAMILY RESOURCES
Different public and private companies offer assistance to individuals with disabilities and their families in hopes of making their lives a little bit easier. Sycamore Services, Inc. would like to help by providing resource information on various topics. If you have any questions regarding these documents or other topics don’t hesitate to contact us.
Sycamore Services participant handbooks and information:
Life Planning Resources
- Trying to plan for your future or the future of a loved one? This document can help you identify the appropriate agency. Download
- This document lists resources for those considering becoming a guardian. Download
- This checklist will help keep you on track to get all the tasks accomplished during your loved one’s high school years and prior to being awarded a Medicaid Waiver. Download
- Overwhelmed with paperwork? Not sure what to keep and what to shred? This resource identifies important documents that you need to keep. Download
- Not sure what to do after high school? This document will help one decide between going to college or finding employment. Download
- Need training or specialized therapy to become employable? This resource discusses vocational rehabilitation. Download
- This document provides guidance for determining eligibility for Social Security and Medicaid benefits. Download
- Special Education Community Resource Website – a one-stop shop for all things related to Special Education and transitioning from high school to the real world. Visit: EVSCschools.com/SEresourceSite.
- This is a listing of different government and not-for-profit agencies that provide services for individuals with disabilities. Download
- Looking for some fun? Check out this list of summer camps, social clubs, and other fun events. Download
- This resource provides information about different Federal laws that affect individuals with disabilities. Download
- These agencies provide protection and advocacy for individuals with disabilities. Download
- “The Hoosier Connecton,” a comprehensive guide that provides information on employment and training, financial information, food, housing, and other state assistance programs. Download
How to Get Involved
Thank you to Hendricks County Community Foundation for the generous grant that made this website possible.