Sycamore Services, Inc. management has been actively monitoring the rapidly evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. Ensuring the health and safety of the individuals served is of the utmost importance to us, especially in this fluid situation. Due to our higher risk population and following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH), we are making some changes in how we operate our facility locations until further notice. They include:
· If an individual meets the following criteria, they may not enter our building:
o Symptoms of the Coronavirus: Fever, Cough or Difficulty Breathing
o Have been in direct contact with someone who has suspected or confirmed case of the Coronavirus
o Have traveled out of the country within the last 14 days
· Vising our facility is limited to Persons Supported and agency staff members.
· If a visitor needs to drop someone off and/or pick them up, and need to enter the facility to do so, they may access the front desk or main entry area (specific to the location).
· We will be actively screening individuals, including staff, who need to come into the building for signs or symptoms of illness.
· All individuals entering the building must complete hand hygiene when they enter such as washing their hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or using alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
· All individuals entering the building are to use Social Distancing and Good Hygiene Practices:
o Staying 3ft or more from others as able
o Using an alternative greeting, such as Bowing or Nodding your head, rather than shaking hands
o Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue type item, elbow or upper sleeve
· All meetings that are typically held in our conference rooms will need to be rescheduled and Sycamore Services staff will participate via teleconference or a web-based virtual meeting platform, such as Skype or GoTo Meeting.
Ø Signs have been posted at all entrances informing staff, individuals served and other visitors of the changes in our procedures.
Rest assured, Sycamore Services, Inc. has already taken several precautions in accordance with CDC and ISDH guidelines, including the following:
· Monitoring new developments and recommendations from public health agencies.
· Monitoring for signs and symptoms of illness.
· Good hygiene practices and standard precautions have been reinforced with employees. Staff are also emphasizing these concepts with individuals served.
· Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
· Practicing Social Distancing and Self-Isolation activities as applicable.
Please note that these are precautionary measures due to recent events; we have not had any cases of the Coronavirus within our agency. This procedure is currently in place and will remain in place until further notice. Employees are required to follow current Sycamore Services, Inc. Policies and Procedures and any related Infectious Control Action Plans.
Thank you for your cooperation, understanding and continued partnership to promote the health and safety of those served.
If you have any questions, please contact the HR/QA Department: 317-745-4715 For more information, please refer to https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html